Tai Chi classes and training for New York and Long Island
About your instructor
Master David Alexander has practiced Tai Chi Chuan since 1978, and has taught since 1995. He received his teaching certification and advanced diploma from the prestigious Grandmaster William C.C. Chen.
The teaching approach employed fosters simultaneous health benefits, improved mind / body harmony, stress reduction, and the foundation of sports and martial art skills. This is achieved through Tai Chi Chuan instruction focused on internal connection, self-awareness, body mechanics, and energy movement.
- Comfortable location with easy, free parking
- Friendly students, collegial atmosphere
- Fee: $20 for initial trial class, remaining classes are in 8-class sessions ($160/8 classes)
- Let us know if you are interested in or need a different day or time
- Individual instruction for beginning and advanced students, and for those seeking therapeutic benefits
- Group work with organizations for health, energy, and well-being leading to team spirit
William C.C. Chen
Grandmaster William C.C. Chen, my teacher, innovated Body Mechanics as a way to enter deeply into the mind / body connection, a unique and extremely valuable contribution to the understanding of Tai Chi Chuan, and of movement in general.
Find out more about him through our alliance with Content Galaxy. Subscriptions are available at a very reasonable cost; I recommend this for those who want a wide variety of thorough videos featuring William Chen demonstrating the form as well as teaching the movements, boxing, and push hands.